Face masks are required anytime you are outside of your car.
Please complete & submit this Pet Health Questionnaire prior to your pet’s appointment
The Family Pet team will no longer retrieve your pet from your car as it has proven unsafe for both pets and staff. Your pet must be brought to the door WHEN directed by the assistant.
The Family Pet's COVID-19 Appointment Procedure:
1. When you arrive please stay in your car. Call us (206-784-3810) with the history of the issue that needs to be addressed.
2. After the initial phone intake, you will be directed to bring your pet to door #2 where you will be met by an assistant.. We will use clinic leashes when able and deemed safe.
3. The doctor will examine your pet and call you to discuss findings and any treatment needed.
4. We will email an estimate and an assistant will go over it with you by phone.
5. Your pet will be treated AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR APPROVAL. No treatment will be completed prior to your approval.
6. After treatment, we will call you to discuss treatment rendered, any medications and follow up care.
7. Your pet is then ready for pick up.
8. When you arrive for pick up, please stay in your car and call the office.
9. A receptionist will direct you to meet her at door #1 for payment, then you will wait at door #2 to receive your pet.
How long does this take? Due to social distancing recommendations, we are currently seeing all patients as drop off appointments. This means your pet will be with us anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.
We know this can be stressful but be assured while your pet is in our care he/she is receiving fresh water, needed outside potty walks, and lots of love and attention. Any stressed pet is considered a priority
Our doctors and technicians are triaging patients based on need. Sick pets are seen before healthy pets. Our doctors will continue to give ALL patients the care and attention they deserve even though, at times it means longer wait times
If you have somewhere you need to be please let us know upon check-in. We will do our best but cannot guarantee that an emergency will not come thru the door that needs urgent care.
Can I do an appointment over the phone with my vet? Yes. These usually work for best for rechecks or chronic conditions where the vet has already seen your pet. Please give us a call and we will arrange an appointment for you
Are you still doing surgery and dentistry? Yes. Most of the conditions we are treating with surgery and dentistry will get worse if they are delayed. This is because it takes owners longer to notice that their pet has a tumor or abscessed tooth than they would in themselves so veterinarians get involved later in the disease process.
What about grooming? Yes. We only do medically necessary grooming – sanitary trims, facial hair trims, de-matting, whole body clips, bathing and the like. Poodle crosses and other breeds with continuously growing fur needs to be clipped on a regular basis. Hair growing in the eyes can result in eye infections and blindness. Hair growing in the ears that is not plucked out contributes to ear infections. If your groomer is closed, we can trim the hair around the eyes and ears until their groomer is available.
Can I get medication refills? Yes, any time. Just call.
Do you sell regular pet food? Yes, we carry the foods that our staff feed their pets.
Thank you for your understanding in the measures we have taken to remain open for your pet’s medical needs. We ask for your patience as we navigate our way through this and the impact it may have on our usual efficiency. This is an evolving public health issue and we must all be flexible and work together during this time of uncertainty. Together, we can work wisely to slow the spread.