Animal Loving Kennel/Janitorial/Light Maintenance
Are you passionate about people and pets? Do you have a big personality and enjoy laughing, singing, candy, and caffeine? Would you like to be a part of a hard working crew that gets along (no joke!) and keeps a running pace to practice the gold standard of quality, compassionate medicine that ALL fur-babies deserve?Well, if you can answer yes to the above questions and are a competent team player with a positive attitude and would like to start your new career as a veterinary assistant, The Family Pet is the place for you
We are a well established 5 doctor practice that has been a staple in the Ballard community for over 70 years and truly embrace our motto "Where Pet's are Family Too". We are seeking a motivated dependable full time (35-40 hrs. per week) entry level veterinary assistant who is looking for long-term stable employment, and possesses super star customer service skills along with a willingness to take that extra step to send our clients and patients home happy :)
Important Job Duties:
- Being the face of the company and treating our clients with a smile and cheerful attitude.
- Maintaining a calm disposition in the face of chaos. Our practice can be busy so the multi-tasking gene is required
- Documenting and accurately updating patient records using a cloud based software. - Keeping all work areas clean and organized.
- Keeping records for all in hospital patients .
- Completing services such as ear cleanings toe nail trims, expressing anal glands and baths.
- Must be able to multi task and be a quick learner.
- Must be handy and able to fix minor building repairs and some painting.
Other Important Skills and/ or Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and stay late if necessary
- Must be on time and ready to work for assigned shifts, including at least one weekend day
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and stand for a full 10 hours
WE HAVE AN AMAZING BENEFIT PACKAGE THAT IS AVAILABLE AFTER 90 DAYS
- Discount Services for Your Pets
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental/ Life Insurance
- Uniform Allowance - Up to $280.00
- Sick and Safe Time
- Paid Vacations (coming soon)
Not only do we have amazing benefits, but we have a wonderful team of individuals that deeply care about one another. We aren't just co-workers, we are family! We have an annual Christmas Party, go tubing in Fall City during the summer months, have a Friendsgiving potluck, other get togethers, etc. all ideas are welcome
Previous experience preferred but willing to train the right person
Please forward your resume and a cover letter explaining why would would be the perfect fit for our team as either a .doc or PDF file. If you are a candidate for an interview you will be contacted.